Guatemala Blue Clutch
Ovid Market Finds :: Guatemala Blue Clutch
A weekend trip to Central America and we made a stop in beautiful Antigua, Guatemala.
Traveling through Central America last month and we stopped by a local market in Antigua, Guatemala. "Huipil" is the traditional Mayan "tunic" that was worn by women and carries much cultural significance. These have been modified into more design pieces, like bags, belts, and more. We fell in love with the variety, vibrance and beauty of this weaving tradition. We've got to go back. To tide us over, we picked up a few envelope clutches using these textiles. We could have bought them all but alas, limited suitcase space!
• Beautiful blue & white embroidery motif with pom-poms
• Cotton embroidery, nylon lining
• Snap envelope closure with inner zipper
• Small inner zipper pocket
• Dimensions: 25cm wide, 18cm high, long strap 125cm